The on-demand version of this workshop is available below.
Syft Technologies presents this workshop aimed at showcasing the dynamic and practical uses of SIFT-MS, a modern approach to sample data collection and analysis.
Selected Ion Flow-tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) is a technique that utilizes chemical ionization to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze scent/odor/flavor profiles containing nearly any chemical species. Organic compounds (sulfurs, alcohols, aldehydes, esters, and more) can be measured at the same time.
Currently, techniques to obtain sample data through mass spectrometry come with their problems; they require more resources and they take much longer to achieve results which can result in sample degradation as well as inefficiently due to time between sample analyses. SIFT-MS offers a solution to these problems, using fewer resources to run as well as completing multiple sample analyses in a timeframe that excels previous methods.
This workshop will include:
• An overview of the current industries that are using SIFT-MS and the companies that are benefiting from it
• What separates SIFT-MS from any previous method of mass spectrometry analysis
• Examples of real-life applications of SIFT-MS
• Live demonstrations of SIFT-MS using multiple dynamic samples
• Breakdown of sample analysis as well as a walk-through of Syft Technologies custom software that reads sample analysis in real-time
• Live-stream questionnaire