Syft Technologies’ introduces a breakthrough in Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) by adding four negatively charged reagent ions: O–, O2–, OH–, and NO2– to the traditional positive reagent ions H3O+, NO+, and O2+.
The high selectivity of SIFT-MS arises from the different reaction mechanisms provided by each of the reagent ions. The unprecedented advance from three to seven reagent ions enables SIFT-MS to provide even greater selectivity and analyze new compounds.
Multi-component gas standard (US EPA TO-14A method) analyzed with seven reagent ions
Experience the Benefits of Seven-Reagent SIFT-MS
- Unsurpassed selectivity via seven rapidly switchable reagent ions
- Analyze compounds inaccessible to ionization with positively charged reagents
- Chromatography-free analysis of diverse compounds in a single, simple operation (e.g. permanent gases, aldehydes, amines, and organosulfur compounds)
- Detection limits in the part-per-trillion by volume (pptv) range
- All reagent ions created by microwave discharge through dry or moist air:
- No radioactive ion source
- No hazardous substances
- No reagent gas cylinders
- Streamlined, integrated software control of all aspects of reagent ion creation and selection
Linear detection of sulfuryl fluoride using the OH– reagent ion
New and Enhanced Applications Include:
- Acid gas detection (hydrogen chloride, hydrogen fluoride, sulfur dioxide)
- Greenhouse gas analysis (carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide, water)
- Fumigant detection (for example, sulfuryl fluoride (VikaneTM), cyanogen)
- Photochemical smog precursors (NOx, ozone, PAN)
- Tracer gas analysis (sulfur hexafluoride)
THIS ALL-IN-ONE GAS ANALYSIS TOOL IS AVAILABLE FOR DELIVERY JANUARY 2016!