- High immunity to water
- Continuous, real-time product and safety monitoring
- High sensitivity and wide linearity range
- Simple integration and robust operation
- Comprehensive analysis of aroma compounds evolved in processing
- Raw food products vary significantly and need to be analyzed during processing for optimal results, but traditional analytical technologies lack the required combination of speed, selectivity, and sensitivity
- Moisture and sample complexity confound both traditional analysis and newer technologies such as enoses
- Explosion prevention in spray driers currently applies single-parameter detection (carbon monoxide), which is susceptible to interference from environmental CO, resulting in false positives and negatives
How Syft can help
- Instantaneous, direct analysis at the food processing line for immediate process feedback, minimizing defective product
- In-process instrument-based sensory testing for continuous quality assurance of aroma attributes, delivering consistent product
- Multiple volatile compound detection – rather than just CO – in spray dryer safety applications greatly reduces extremely costly false positives and false negatives
PROCESS-LINE QUALITY ASSURANCE OF SPRAY DRIED AND BAKED FOOD PRODUCTS
Raw materials for the food processing industry usually show seasonal and other quality variations. When coupled with changes in the performance of processing equipment, product quality may vary. Since aroma is derived from VOCs and is a key component of consumer perception of the product, best results are obtained by monitoring the product during processing.
SIFT-MS instruments are ideal process-line monitors for sensitive detection and quantitation of both oxidation and Maillard reaction products that indicate the degree of processing and the product quality. Benefits of applying SIFT-MS on the food processing line include:
- Rapid quality assurance of incoming raw materials to eliminate losses caused by their use.
- Optimization of formation of favorable aroma compounds that aid consumer acceptance and mask unfavorable oxidation aromas formed during aging.
- Reduction of product losses due to formation of unfavorable aromas (such as rancidity).
Self-contained Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry – SIFT-MS platform capable of autonomous 24/7 monitoring of VOCs and inorganic gases.
Auto-validation inlet allows switching between sample, calibration standard, and background gas streams.
Multi-port inlet enables multiple sample streams to be analyzed.
MODBUS / VRC
Remote operation of the Voice200ultra is supported via industry-standard MODBUS or proprietary Voice Remote Control protocols.
Software package for viewing and analyzing SIFT-MS data from multiple instruments, or customizing analyses.
|Food, Flavor and Fragrance Solutions Brochure|
|Product Quality Assurance Solutions Brochure|
|Detection of Fish Oil Oxidation – Syft Technologies|
|Report – Monitoring of Milk Powder Browning and Oxidation Products|