- Real-time and high-throughput analysis options
- High sensitivity and wide linearity range
- Robust instrumentation designed for both laboratory and on-site use
- Comprehensive analysis, including inorganics and chromatographically challenging compounds
- Intuitive software
Workplace and Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Improved indoor air quality (IAQ) helps to maintain and promote good health. However, many volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and inorganic gases pose a significant risk to human health in workplaces ranging from manufacturing to logistics to offices. Traditional analytical techniques for determining exposure are either impractical for onsite monitoring or are portable but have low selectivity.
Syft Technologies’ SIFT-MS solutions provide a unique combination of attributes for improving workplace safety and indoor air quality. This combination of benefits enables SIFT-MS instruments to effectively address diverse IAQ and workplace exposure applications – both in the field and in the laboratory.
IAQ Industry Challenges
- Indoor air quality can be compromised by a wide range of volatile compounds, from furnishings and consumer products inside the building to motor vehicle emissions that have entered from outside
- Toxic small aldehydes – such as formaldehyde and acetaldehyde – are commonly present, but analysis is difficult and time consuming using traditional techniques
- Many VOCs with negative health impacts occur at low concentrations (ppb or ppt), requiring high sensitivity
- Conventional test methods cannot monitor time-evolution of volatile concentrations
How Syft can help
- Sensitive, quantitative analysis of all target compounds (including formaldehyde) with one instrument
- Simple, continuous monitoring of indoor air quality
- Easily customized analysis
SIGNIFICANCE OF VOCs IN THE INDOOR AIR QUALITY ENVIRONMENT
Low cost technologies lack the sensitivity and selectivity required to provide meaningful results. With its very high sensitivity and selectivity, SIFT-MS is the ideal tool for diverse indoor air quality applications, such as:
- Real-time monitoring of VOCs in indoor air
- Workplace monitoring, especially where there is risk of exposure to very hazardous chemicals
- Rapidly quantifying emissions from consumer products, from textiles through to automobiles.
SIFT-MS can detect and quantify a very broad range of compounds relevant to indoor air quality , including:
- Oxygenates, such as aldehydes (including formaldehyde), alcohols and ketones
- Hydrocarbons, including benzene, toluene, and 1,3-butadiene from motor vehicle exhaust
- Odorous compounds (e.g. ammonia, amines, hydrogen sulfide, and organosulfur compounds)
- Halogenated compounds, such as perchloroethylene and the chloramines.
Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) platform capable of continuous and high-throughput gas and headspace analysis for VOCs and inorganic gases.
Auto-validation inlet allows switching between the sample, the calibration standard, and background gas streams.
Multi-port inlet enables multiple sample streams to be analyzed (e.g. from multiple points in the facility).
Gerstel MPS autosampler
Multi-purpose sampler available with wide range of accessories to meet diverse automated analysis needs.
Software package for viewing and analyzing SIFT-MS data from multiple instruments, customizing analyses, and interacting with the Voice200ultra.
Access detection and quantitation parameters for over 1000 compounds to leverage the diverse capability of the platform.
|Solutions that protect people brochure|
|Semiconductor Industry Solutions Brochure|
|A New Perspective on Monitoring of Occupational Chemical Exposure|