- Simple integration and operation
- Multiple-stream in-process analysis with one instrument
- Automated sample analysis option
- Rapid, direct analysis of landfill and biogas
- Comprehensive analysis of organic, reduced sulfur, and organosilicon compounds
Landfill and Biogas Analysis using SIFT-MS
SIFT-MS provides rapid analysis of landfill gas, making it ideally suited to the complete range of environmental and industrial applications. Our instrument is an ideal tool for comprehensive continuous emissions monitoring of VOCs and inorganics (e.g. HF, HCl, NOx and SOx). SIFT-MS provides high-sensitivity, real-time sample analysis that is independent of humidity.
Industrial and research applications include:
- Landfill and biogas analysis
- Odor source profiling
- Fence-line Monitoring
- Fugitive landfill and biogases cause severe odor nuisance as well as health effects
- Silicon and sulfur compounds result in reduced generation efficiency, increased preventative maintenance requirements, and reduced engine life
- Existing process analytical technologies cannot selectively analyze the complex matrix
- Traditional chromatographic technologies are slow and multiple analyses must be used to due to the diverse chemicals present
How Syft can help
- Early detection of failing silicon and sulfur filters to maintain generator efficiency and maximize engine life
- Sensitive detection of all important odor compounds to reduce odor nuisance and health impacts
- In-process confirmation of combustion efficiency to ensure environmental compliance
- Competitive advantage for laboratory applications: one rapid analysis, not multiple slow ones
Landfill Gas Analysis from a Landfill near Auckland, New Zealand
Triplicate samples were obtained from an active landfill near Auckland by a consulting environmental engineer and they were airfreighted to our laboratory for a next-day analysis.
The Syft Voice200ultra SIFT-MS instrument provides unprecedented opportunities for regulators, landfill operators, gas turbine manufacturers, and testing agencies to better monitor emissions and efficiencies both in-line and offline in the laboratory.
Self-contained Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) platform capable of autonomous 24/7 monitoring of VOCs and inorganic gases.
Multi-port inlet enables multiple sample streams to be analyzed (e.g. pre- and post-gas filtration at inlet and outlet of multiple engines).
In-line dilution of pre-combustion gas streams.
MODBUS / VRC
Remote operation of the Voice200ultra is supported via industry-standard MODBUS or proprietary Voice Remote Control protocols.
Software package for viewing and analyzing SIFT-MS data from multiple instruments, or customizing analyses.