- Instant detection of defects, leaks, and other emissions sources
- Single, selective analysis of chemically diverse compounds
- High robustness to humidity
- High sensitivity and wide linear range (pptv to ppmv)
- Simple operation with minimal training
- Current SHED (Sealed Housing of Evaporative Emissions Determination) testing is done on the entire vehicle and the resulting concentrations reported for evaporative emissions are a sum of all the sources, with no way to distinguish emission sources from different components or locations
- If the SHED test result exceeds threshold values, current technologies are not well suited to pinpointing the sources of peculiar emissions – they detect only a limited range of compounds and/or only operate in narrow concentration ranges
- Sampling from different points using thermal desorption tubes for GC-MS and HPLC is extremely costly, time-consuming, and waiting for results from a laboratory can hold up production and incur significant losses
- Analysis of different compound classes requires multiple instruments, sampling techniques, and analysis
How Syft can help
- Sensitive and comprehensive SIFT-MS analysis covers the wide range of compounds of interest, including formaldehyde, TVOC and BTEX
- The high time resolution of SIFT-MS translates to higher spatial resolution, allowing localized spot measurements of the whole vehicle exterior and interior within minutes
- Defects and leaks can be detected and remedied instantly – no need to wait for lab results
- Enables process improvements and research & development by looking at emission trends in the SHED tests over time
SIFT-MS platform capable of high-speed gas analysis for VOCs and inorganic gases.
Auto-validation inlet allows switching between sample, calibration standard, and background gas streams.
Software package for viewing and analyzing SIFT-MS data from multiple instruments, customizing analyses, and interacting with the Voice200ultra.
Access detection and quantitation parameters for over 1000 compounds to leverage the diverse capability of the platform.