- Real-time analysis provides instant feedback on pollution events
- Single, selective analysis of chemically diverse compounds
- High sensitivity and wide linear range (pptv to ppmv)
- 24/7 operation with minimal downtime (<1% downtime for validation)
- Odor compounds are chemically very diverse, making analysis very difficult for conventional analytical techniques
- Odors are dynamic, requiring fast response, whereas odor panels and/or lab-based analyses are expensive and based on time-averaged samples
- An objective human response to odors is usually only achieved by extensive training, but trained panelists still get fatigued
- Human odor thresholds are often too low for low-cost instruments to be able match, in addition to their issues with selectivity
- Comprehensive analysis, including inorganics and chromatographically challenging compounds
- Real-time and high-throughput analysis options
- High sensitivity and wide linearity range for all odor compounds
- Designed and engineered for demanding laboratory, R&D, and on-site applications
- Mobile instrument solutions
The SIFT-MS technique is the premium tool for a wide range of odor applications due to a unique set of characteristics:
- High-sensitivity detection of all odorous compounds (e.g. sulfur compounds, amines, aldehydes, and organic acids) in one simple, rapid analysis
- Direct analysis eliminates compound losses caused by preconcentration and chromatographic separation
- Wide dynamic range and high selectivity of eight rapidly switchable reagent ions allows detection of traces of odorous compounds in a matrix containing high levels of innocuous VOCs.
SIFT-MS provides a consistent, objective measure of odor. Industry applications include:
- Odor source profiling
- Landfill and biogas analysis
- Fence-line monitoring.
SIFT-MS platform capable of high-throughput gas and headspace analysis for VOCs and inorganic gases.
Auto-validation inlet allows switching between sample, calibration standard, and background gas streams.
Multi-port inlet enables multiple sample streams to be analyzed (e.g. cyclically from multiple odor sources).
Software package for viewing and analyzing Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) data from multiple instruments, customizing analyses, and interacting with the Voice200ultra.
Access detection and quantitation parameters for over 1000 compounds to leverage the diverse capability of the platform.
|Environmental Solutions Brochure|
|Petrochemical Industry Solutions Brochure|
|Landfill Gas Analysis using SIFT-MS|
|White Paper SIFT-MS: Real-Time Air Quality Monitoring|
|Flyer – Ambient Air Analysis Solution|