The on-demand version of this workshop is available below.
Syft Technologies presents this workshop which aims at showcasing the applications SIFT-MS has specifically in the pharmaceutical industry.
Selected Ion Flow-tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) is a technique that utilizes chemical ionization to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze scent/odor/flavor profiles containing nearly any chemical species. Organic compounds (sulfurs, alcohols, aldehydes, esters, and more) can be measured at the same time.
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are widely utilized in various pharmaceutical manufacturing processes and in other parts of the supply chain (e.g. polymer manufacture and packaging). Many VOCs have adverse health effects and unfortunately, find their way into the pharmaceuticals themselves. At unsafe levels, they can result in product recalls, brand damage, and lawsuits.
Selected ion flow tube mass spectrometry (SIFT-MS) is a robust analytical technique that both simplifies testing of challenging compounds (e.g., formaldehyde) and facilitates more frequent component and product testing through greatly enhanced sample throughput. SIFT-MS quantifies VOCs directly in real time to sub-part-per-billion (ppb) concentrations, so that product issues are detected earlier and resolved immediately, delivering economic benefits to all stakeholders. SIFT-MS represents a major breakthrough for the pharmaceutical industry.
This workshop will include:
• An overview of the current industries that are using SIFT-MS and the companies that are benefiting from it
• What separates SIFT-MS from any previous method of mass spectrometry analysis
• Where and how SIFT-MS applies in the pharmaceutical industry
• Live demonstrations of SIFT-MS using multiple dynamic samples
• Breakdown of sample analysis as well as a walk-through of Syft Technologies custom software that reads sample analysis in real-time
• Live-stream questionnaire