As mentioned in a previous blog post, Syft recruited a record number of interns over the Southern Hemisphere summer.
Tasked with individual R&D projects, the energy and enthusiasm they brought to the development team was palpable. They achieved so much in such a short space of time, it highlighted what can be achieved when bright young minds are given freedom to innovate.
By the numbers:
- 30 interns bolstered our ranks over the summer, recruited from 4 of the top Engineering and Science Universities in New Zealand.
- 12 of these interns are continuing work for Syft in some capacity – be it full-time positions, part-time work while continuing studies, or Syft-sponsored university research projects.
- 14 sample positions on our latest inlet, the MPI, released ahead of schedule thanks to outstanding intern work.
- 5kg – our new sample case is 45% lighter, allowing it to be taken on an aircraft as hand luggage.
- 8 international interns, from France, Spain, Germany, and Brazil, are joining us over the NZ fall/autumn and winter. Many of these are picking up projects started by our summer interns, bringing their own unique perspectives and expertise.
Posted by Dr Ben Reyngoud, Development Manager at Syft Technologies