Syft Technologies Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. We comply with our obligations under the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) with respect to the collection, use and handling of your personal information, including by taking all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information we store about you is secure.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect personal information that you provide to us, including your name, contact information (and other information you are required to provide when you register on our website), billing information, and any other personal information that your authorised representatives provide to us.
The information that we collect will be information that is required under relevant legislation or that is needed for our business relationship with you.
Where we will store your personal information
We store personal data electronically and in paper form. The personal data is kept safe and secure using generally accepted standards of security. We also maintain computer and network security for example, we use firewalls (security measures for the Internet) and other systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to computer systems.
Only authorised users can access your personal information, and access is only for approved purposes. All our employees are bound by obligations of confidentiality. The information may also be held by any third party share registrar that we appoint from time to time.
How we may use your personal information
The personal information you provide to us may be used by us for:
- providing products and/or services to you;
- to process your application for shares and to manage, and communicate with you in respect of, your shareholding (if applicable);
- our general business purposes, including training our staff, analysing our business or business tools, improving our website and services, and administrative purposes;
- research, trials and marketing, including contacting you in relation to your use of any goods or services provided by us and providing you with additional information about our services, partners, promotions and events (if you do not want us to contact you you can choose to ‘opt out’ from receiving such correspondence); and/or
- any specific purpose which we notify you of at the time personal data is collected.
We may provide your personal information to third parties where we consider it is appropriate to do so in connection with any of the purposes set out above or so that they may provide services to us. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that these parties are bound by reasonable confidentiality requirements with respect to the protection of your personal information.
We may also release personal information when we believe it is appropriate to do so for legal compliance and law enforcement purposes (including to government agencies with statutory law enforcement responsibilities), or to protect our business and assets.
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties for their promotional purposes.
How you can access the information we hold about you
You have rights under the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) to find out what personal information we hold about you, to get a copy of that information, and/or to request we correct that information. If you wish to do any of those things, or have any other privacy related queries, please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we will keep your information
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary to achieve the purpose we collected it for, or, if applicable, for so long as we are required by law to hold that information.
Changes to our policy