Dr Barry Prince, Syft’s Director of Global Sales, attended and presented at The National Environmental Monitoring Conference, the largest conference focused on environmental measurements in North America. This year it was held in Orange County, CA from August 8-12, 2016. His highlight was having over 100 people gathered in the New Technology Showcase to learn how Selected Ion Flow Tube Mass Spectrometry (SIFT-MS) is being chosen in preference to conventional chromatographic methods for environmental trace monitoring applications.
This interest is correlated with recent revolutionary enhancements of our extremely successful Voice200ultra SIFT-MS platform that make it even more applicable to many environmental air analysis applications – both for research and industry. Recent enhancements:
- Further increase the selectivity of SIFT-MS, by applying dual polarity ionization
- Further simplify 24/7 monitoring at the stack, at the fenceline, or at ambient sites
- Enable more samples to be analyzed at lower cost through integration of Gerstel MPS autosampler technology.
Dr. Prince gave two presentations on major environmental applications of SIFT-MS:
- SIFT-MS: An All-In-One Air Analysis Technique
- Field-Based Comprehensive Odor Monitoring Using SIFT-MS.