Frontline workers in the shipping and border security industries face constant danger from exposure to undocumented or incorrectly packaged or applied toxic compounds, such as fumigants and toxic industrial chemicals (TICs). Before Syft Technologies developed its fumigation solution, protecting workers from these dangers was difficult because traditional detection technologies proved too slow, inaccurate, or uneconomic for fast-paced modern freight handling facilities.
In early 2016, Syft Technologies celebrates 10 years of providing global leadership in front-line fumigant and TIC analysis. Syft’s fumigant solutions have been adopted by government and industry in Australia, North America, Europe, and Asia.
There are numerous reasons for the success of our fumigant solution:
- Economical: consumable costs are very low per sample.
- Rugged: our instrumentation is designed for – and proven in – industrial environments.
- Efficient: laboratory-grade analytical results are obtained in less than two minutes per sample.
- Easy to use: the entire solution is designed for non-technical operators, from sampling through to simple pass/fail reporting.
- Broad-spectrum analysis: direct analysis of all relevant, chemically diverse compounds (for example: chloropicrin, ethylene dibromide, formaldehyde, hydrogen cyanide, methyl bromide, phosphine, Vikane® (sulfuryl fluoride)).
- Extensible: target compound lists are readily customized.
- Fully supported: Syft and our distributors provide best-in-class after-sales support.
- Ecofriendly: no solvents and no colorimetric tubes to dispose of.
These economic, practical, and technical benefits have seen customers consistently purchase multiple instruments, both in their first and follow-up orders.
Released in 2015, the ContainerSure instrument represents the third-generation fumigant analysis solution from Syft Technologies.